We want you to enjoy the sun, but we also want your skin to look on point. Read on for some tips to keep you looking fresh, hydrated and healthy.
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated. Summer is a great time to up your skin’s hydration through masques, toners and a quality moisturizer. Although summer is often hot, skin can become easily dehydrated from too much time in the sun or the pool. We have the best products and can help recommend what will work best for your skin and your lifestyle. Take care of your skin in the summer. It will thank you year-round.
- Drink Water. This is obvious, we know. But you would be amazed at the number of people who aren’t drinking enough water. While other fluids help, the absolute best thing you can drink is plain, filtered water. This is especially true during the summer when you’re losing fluid through sweat. A good rule of thumb we use is to drink half of your body weight in water. If it’s hard for you to keep track, keep a tally in your phone or at your desk at work.
- Avoid Mid-Day Sun Exposure. The strongest sun rays are out from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Your skin is at its highest risk of skin cancer when it is exposed during these hours. The best time to be in the sun is in the early morning from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. or in the evening when the sun is setting. Fun fact! Only the early morning and evening sunlight produces UVA light which helps your skin create Vitamin D. Once you get closer to mid-day, you no longer have the Vitamin D benefits. Nothing beats being outside on a beautiful sunny day. However, it’s important to minimize your exposure and protect your skin.
- Keep Your Skin Clean. When sweat sits on your skin it will mix with bacteria and clog pores, potentially causing acne breakouts. With summer upon us, it’s important to remember to wash sweaty headbands, clothing and hats before wearing them again. The best way to remove sweat is by blotting it.
Avoid intense physical activity that brings about profuse sweating during the hottest times of day. If that’s not possible, then wear very loose, light clothing and try to keep your skin cool by using fans, cool showers, etc.
- Exfoliate Once Per Week With A Good Product. Get rid of dead skin cells and that extra dirt and grime. If it’s an extra sunny or outdoors week for you, tread carefully with exfoliation.
- Moisturize With Sunscreen. Repeat. All. Day. Long. This is the most important skin tip we can give you. Stock up on sunscreen and always carry one in your purse/vehicle. We recommend you purchase at least 30 SPF. Apply and reapply every 4 hours or potentially more if you have been sweating or are in the water. No matter what you might be doing out in the sun, we can’t stress the importance of sunscreen enough. The sun is extremely damaging on your skin cells and causes premature aging, brown spots and skin cancer. If you need a good, quality sunscreen, come visit us. We carry everything you need.
Summer Products Needed:
Sunscreen (PCA AND COOLA in office!)
Exfoliator for body and face (We have treatments for both!)
Moisturizer (Come see our selections of high quality skincare)
Stop by and pick them up!
Lasala Spa Services
7459 East Tanque Verde Road Tucson, AZ 85716