Every single one of us has different types of skin challenges. Whether you are dealing with acne, an excess of oil, red and chapped skin, or even a combination of all of the above, you might not know about a secret weapon. The chemical peel has been offered by medi spas for years and what was formerly thought to be a celeb privilege, is now very much mainstream.
These are the five benefits that can resolve some of your most stubborn skin challenges:
- Skin and skincare products look and work better. When a tired layer of old, dead skin is banished, it’s surprising what the healing powers of the skin can do! Not only is the skin queued up to begin to produce more collagen and other skin-loving chemicals, but the products that you use actually penetrate and you get to reap the results!
- Chemical peels have gone custom. When chemical peels first hit the medi spa scene, a huge concern about hyperpigmentation arose. Now, we know that chemical peels can contain different strengths of ingredients to better address dark spots, sloughing, and even localized areas of concern. You can wade into the pool and figure out what combination and potency work best for you.
- Introducing an acne treatment. Not only can chemical peels help to eliminate acne, but the scars resulting from bouts of acne can be softened as well. Unclog pores, extract blackheads, and make damage less visible. Another awesome bonus is that the properties in the chemical peel linger in your pores and so you receive a longer-lasting defense against skin offenders. Laser treatments are not as effective in creating lasting results, so you want to consider your options carefully.
- Lose those dark undereye circles for good … maybe. Well, we have to add in the disclaimer because everyone and every skin type behaves differently. But we have noticed that even the darkest undereye circles start to brighten up after even one treatment. If one won’t do it, results have been promising for multiple chemical peels.
- Finally, hyperpigmentation control! When the sun creates dark spots on your skin, you won’t have to look any further for the resolution than a chemical peel! As mentioned in tip 3, lasers may temporarily diminish the darkness, but a chemical peel wards off recurring spots in a far superior fashion.
If you’ve been weighing the benefits of a chemical peel, we hope this article has illuminated your options. And of course, we would love to talk to you about any remaining questions. Or, if you’re ready, give us a call 520-795-3341 and schedule your chemical peel ASAP.